My Photo
Name:
Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho, United States

I have been married to the most incredible man for 18 YEARS! We have three beautiful, amazing children who I have centered my whole life around at the moment. We live by both of our families and love spending time with them. Sometimes I feel like I am a "Big City" girl trapped in a "Little City" body, but Idaho Falls has grown on me in the past few years that we've lived here and I have many wonderful friends here!

Aug 13, 2007

Lake Powell 2007







Every year for the past few years, we have gone and spent a week on the houseboat with Jeff's family. It is such a great time. This year, every family was able to be there and we had such a wonderful time just being together. We always have fun swimming, playing cards, eating, boating, skiing, did I mention eating? oh and eating! This years highlights included the many Lizards that the kids caught out on the beach, Calli's obsession with the water slide, Quentin being told that he can't ride the jet ski solo until 12 years of age, riding the waves of the jet ski, and Grandpa falling off the speed boat while trying to board the housebout. "I fell off my boat" is now a common phrase used by the family and joked about quite frequently. My favorite part this year was taking the boat and going a little ways around the lake and visiting Rainbow Rock. What an amazing sight! I loved going there! It was an beautiful boat ride, and then a little hike in to the rock (and with 2 four year olds and 110 degree weather that was quite an adventure). When we rounded the corner during the hike where we were able to see the Rainbow shaped rock, I was just in awe at its beauty and its location-in the middle of nowhere! We met a guide that told us all about the rock and told the little ones to stay close to us and not wander off because of the protected surrounding area. The best part was he sprayed all of us with some water from a water bottle to cool us off for our adevnture back to our boat. He was a very interesting gentleman with an interresting job. What an amazing family adventure to do every year! We love it!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home