My Photo
Name:
Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho, United States

I have been married to the most incredible man for 18 YEARS! We have three beautiful, amazing children who I have centered my whole life around at the moment. We live by both of our families and love spending time with them. Sometimes I feel like I am a "Big City" girl trapped in a "Little City" body, but Idaho Falls has grown on me in the past few years that we've lived here and I have many wonderful friends here!

Jan 1, 2008

Alex hearing the news in Brazil

Alex, Jeff's brother is serving a full time mission in Brazil right now. He returns home on January 31st. The following day after the accident, one of Galen's brothers had called the mission home there in Brazil to tell the President the news of Alex's father passing away. The president said that he would go tell Alex in person and then he would have Alex call the following morning. Quenalee got that call about 6:00 a.m. on the 12th. She was comforted to be able to talk to her son that she hasn't seen for almost two years and has only talked to him on Mother's days and Christmases. Alex told her a story of the previous day when he and his companion were cooking dinner and his companion asked Alex what he would do if he lost his father while on his mission. After thinking about it for a minute, Alex told him that he knew it would be hard, but that he would stay and fulfill the remainder of his mission. The mission president was on his doorstep early the next morning with the news. Alex's mission president also lost his father while on his mission as a young man and so he has got to be a huge strength to Alex at this time. Heavenly Father blesses those young boys out there on their missions and I am sure that Alex has felt his Heavenly Father since this has happened as I am sure that he has felt his earthly father as well.

1 Comments:

Blogger katri said...

Wow. That is a really sweet story.

I lost my mom this summer and It's amazing how the blessings can pour in. For me, however, it was interesting how Satan could tool with my mind making me doubt and question some things. It is such a blessing to have the gospel, esp. at a time like this. I'm sure that all of you, including his dad are proud of that hard working missionary.

Thank you so much for sharing all of this.

January 11, 2008 at 8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home