My Photo
Name:
Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho, United States

I have been married to the most incredible man for 18 YEARS! We have three beautiful, amazing children who I have centered my whole life around at the moment. We live by both of our families and love spending time with them. Sometimes I feel like I am a "Big City" girl trapped in a "Little City" body, but Idaho Falls has grown on me in the past few years that we've lived here and I have many wonderful friends here!

Jan 1, 2008

Christmas Eve

We didn't have much of a December to really experience the Holiday the way that we usually do, but what better way to remember our Savior as we try so hard to do each Christmas than to feel of the love that we have for each other as a family and to remember what our Savior did for us so that we could be together forever.
Jeff's whole family was here of coarse and so we spent a lot of time at his mother's home with one another. My brothers Joe (& his family), and Ben were here and my sister Sara and her family came from Washington through the dreaded winter weather to have a nice visit with everyone. It was fun to see all of them and to connect with all of the family that we were able to be with.
Christmas Eve is usually celebrated with Dinner and gifts at my parent's home, but this year we spent Christmas Eve with Quenalee and all of Jeff's family. I think that Galen must have been smiling at all of us being there together and although we ached inside missing him, we were still able to watch the children as they opened up their gifts from Grandma and grandpa.
The highlight of the night for the children was
Santa (played by my brother Michael) coming and surprising
them and giving each one of them a gift. He even had Grandma sit on his
lap and gave
her some new pajamas! Quenalee had Jeff's youngest brother Andy read a poem about being with
Jesus on Christmas night. It touched all of us remembering that Galen
is somewhere where he is experiencing more joy than we can even imagine. She then gave each of the children a bullet shell from the grave site where
they shot off the guns for his military salute.
It was a very special evening that we spent with Quenalee and Jeff's brother's (all except for Alex in Brazil), their families and all of the cousins being together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home