My Photo
Name:
Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho, United States

I have been married to the most incredible man for 18 YEARS! We have three beautiful, amazing children who I have centered my whole life around at the moment. We live by both of our families and love spending time with them. Sometimes I feel like I am a "Big City" girl trapped in a "Little City" body, but Idaho Falls has grown on me in the past few years that we've lived here and I have many wonderful friends here!

Sep 23, 2007

Getting "Stuff" done

This week has yet again been a very busy one. I keep thinking that my life will slow down eventually, but have finally surrendered to the fact that this IS my life now and the older my kids get, the busier that it will continue to get. I have also decided that it is okay. I read somewhere this week a quote about this and it says in some way that the busier you are the more that you get done. I guess that has proven true for me this week. In some way because I am more booked with my schedule, I have gotten my life a little more in order this week and still managed to get all of my cleaning and laundry done. This week my most covetous wish is to have someone come in and clean my house!!! If I had all the money in the world, I would probably hire my windows and bathrooms out for someone else to do.
I have been working up at Rexburg at the In-Laws apartment complex Tuscany Place and I am loving it! I don't love the commute-but it is a small sacrifice to make to have such an incredible opportunity to make a little extra money while being able to pick my own days and hours and still be able to take Mack with me while I work. I mostly do the bookkeeping part of it when my mother-in-law can't be up there and so I enter checks, go to the bank, take payments from the girls, answer questions that the moms or girls have about their payments, etc. It has been fun working and feeling like I am contributing to the Gross National Product. I have to admit that my favorite part has been remember the time that I spent while there at Ricks College (now BYU IDAHO). The memories I have of there are some of the best that I was able to cram into 1 year! A lot of them include the time that Jeff and I were dating and it's been fun to drive by old places and reminisce of the times we had. I loved that first year of my independence and reaching out to who I was to become. I used to wish that I had gone there one more year before I got married, but now I wouldn't change a thing-but that year was amazing. It's fun to watch those girls come in and see the hopes and dreams that they have for themselves. Some of them are timid and some of them appear that they are going to conquer the world-but I know what they all have in store and as long as they make good choices in their lives the best is yet to be!














I got together with some friends on Thursday to do all of my cooking for a month in that one day. We cooked 20 freezer meals and I am loving the fact that I have them all in there again. We took a hiatus during the summer so it is good to be back to the freezer meal world! I love it! Here are a few pictures my friend took that I stole off her blog. The one of the freezer is mine and I just love the result!!! Don't you all wish that you had a freezer full of food?



Another thing that I got done this week that I have been longing to do is go to the temple with my husband. It was so nice to be able to go and be there and to settle my cares and to feel a little calm even for just a moment.



A good laugh that I had was about my adorable sister. I have to tell you that I just love her to death-not just because she is my only sister, but because her "hair" stories keep me laughing always. My sister is a natural blond-not a typical one-but a natural one. She has beautiful hair, but can never seem to get it the way that she wants it. She colored it not too long ago and it ended up being a strawberry blond/brown, but only after she had it red and then "green witchy" color as she calls it. She really wanted to go back to her natural color and so upon entering the salon this week told the hairstylist what she wanted and promptly had to warn her that if she used ash color in her hair it would turn to a "green witchy" color. The hairstylist being the "expert" didn't listen to her caveat and still used ash in her hair. It turned the witchy green color that my sister warned her about. The hairstylist fixed it, but colored it brown. The picture below was the result. I think it looks adorable still-but the story gave me a good chuckle. SO much for ever being blond again...


1 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Great week, great job, and yes I am jealous of your freezer. I am just begining to be in the cooking mood again. I think it is the return of fall and the desire to make soup ;-) I'm glad you like your job. I am liking mine too, especially since today was my first official payday, Costco here I come.

September 25, 2007 at 9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home