My Photo
Name:
Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho, United States

I have been married to the most incredible man for 18 YEARS! We have three beautiful, amazing children who I have centered my whole life around at the moment. We live by both of our families and love spending time with them. Sometimes I feel like I am a "Big City" girl trapped in a "Little City" body, but Idaho Falls has grown on me in the past few years that we've lived here and I have many wonderful friends here!

Sep 12, 2007

Hello good friend....I have missed you!

I feel like Meg Ryan in You've Got Mail when she ran to her computer in the morning after her boyfriend leaves for work and checks her computer for new mail and she sits there looking so cute as usual and repeats with the computer "You've Got Mail". It's as if she has found a long lost friend. That is how I feel today as I sit at my computer and update my blog. I have been having technical difficulties the last week with my computer and I have missed it extremely!!! However, I am back and I have a couple of things to share.



The latest update with our Jeff's Health Saga....



We went and visited with a Neurologist this past week and he confirmed that his EEG came back abnormal because of the medications and a bump that he received on the head a couple of weeks before the seizure happened. He called it a provoked seizure and the abnormalities on the EEG were really not that abnormal. It has been a huge relief and comfort to hear it from the expert. I had no idea how stressed out I was about it until we heard it from him. We have now put that out of our mind and are trying to focus on his prior issues and trying to start all over with that. We have an appointment with a Doctor down at the University of Utah on October 3rd and are both really anxious to get there and pray that we can figure something out. In the meantime, I am so happy that Jeff is my husband and the Father of our children. It just never ceases to amaze me what an incredible man he is and how wonderful he is for me and to me! Here's a picture that I took of Jeff and the kids reading bedtime stories together. He always reads to Mack and inevitably, the big kids come in to read stories like The Very Hungry Caterpillar, Harry and the Dirty Dog, Dr. Seuss, etc. whatever Mack picks out for the night. Somehow, moments like this mean more to me these days. I wouldn't have usually thought to take this picture-except it was so precious to see them all together...I found the quote beneath the picture in one of my magazines the other day and it made me think of my dad mostly, but also about us and what we have gone through this past couple of weeks. All of us can relate though right?

"In spite of illness, in spite even of the archenemy sorrow, one can remain alive long past the usual date of disintegration if one is unafraid of change, insatiable in intellectual curiosity, interested in big things, and happy in small ways."

Edith Wharton, A Backward Glance

I love that!!!! Don't you???

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Happy to hear he is fine. I'm sure that was a great releaf!

I love the picture and quote. Thanks for sharing that.

September 15, 2007 at 8:56 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Great story, thanks for sharing.

September 25, 2007 at 9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home