My Photo
Name:
Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho, United States

I have been married to the most incredible man for 18 YEARS! We have three beautiful, amazing children who I have centered my whole life around at the moment. We live by both of our families and love spending time with them. Sometimes I feel like I am a "Big City" girl trapped in a "Little City" body, but Idaho Falls has grown on me in the past few years that we've lived here and I have many wonderful friends here!

Jun 6, 2008

Calli's Hamster

Those of you who know me well know that I think animals are to be looked at-but not owned. I know...I am a cold hearted person-however, Calli (and the boys for that matter) has been wanting a pet and of coarse I wouldn't let her get one! A few months ago, I told her that her Dad would take her to the pet store to look at Hamsters and if she could buy one herself with her own money-she could get one! I knew very well that she is horrible at saving money and so consequently wouldn't be able to afford one! It backfired!!!!!! The pet store they went to happened to have one for adoption-cage and everything-free of charge. Someone had brought it back to the store and they can't resell them! So....lucky Calli-got to bring a pet home. She named him Dash. I have to admit that he has grown on me a little- and that I am quite impressed at how well Calli has taken care of him. She cleans his cage every week without complaint and she has purchased all of the food, bedding, and accessories since we got him! I am really proud of her!
The next chapter of this story is that yesterday Calli's cousin Kylee came over to play and they were talking "Hamsters". Kylee also has a hamster and told Calli that they should have a sleepover with their hamsters. These eight year olds then started discussing that they could have a sleepover because both Hamsters were boys. If one was a girl, then they would "mate" very quickly and we couldn't have that (serves me right for taking Calli to the Library the other day where she got a book on hamsters and it talks about such a thing!!!). Calli them mentioned that she is pretty sure that Dash was a boy-the guy at the store told us he thought this hamster was a boy and so they decided to check for sure because Kylee said that she could tell by looking at the "body parts". They checked Dash out and couldn't really tell-neither could I-so...we went to the all knowing Internet and wouldn't you believe it-there were pictures! Dash is now Dashette and there will be no sleepovers with Kylee's "boy" hamster!

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Zenica said...

Oh I love kids!

June 6, 2008 at 9:38 AM  
Blogger Ranay said...

Laughing my head off - that's hilarious!

June 7, 2008 at 4:08 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I love it! Aren't you glad you wrote that down - I hope you always remember it - it's so funny.

June 7, 2008 at 9:34 PM  
Blogger Doctor O said...

I don't know - it might be a great moment for an education...

June 12, 2008 at 8:38 AM  
Blogger val said...

That is so funny. I'm suprised there haven't been any more qeustions about the birds and the bees.(I have recently caved ask me about are kitten(tinkerbell)

June 12, 2008 at 9:55 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Great story. You guys are killing me with the pets! I am getting tons of pressure to get a dog.

June 19, 2008 at 11:34 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

BTW that was Julie, I'm on mom's computer

June 19, 2008 at 11:35 AM  
Blogger Ranay said...

Niiiice Background - that's way cute!

June 24, 2008 at 9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home