My Photo
Name:
Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho, United States

I have been married to the most incredible man for 18 YEARS! We have three beautiful, amazing children who I have centered my whole life around at the moment. We live by both of our families and love spending time with them. Sometimes I feel like I am a "Big City" girl trapped in a "Little City" body, but Idaho Falls has grown on me in the past few years that we've lived here and I have many wonderful friends here!

Mar 13, 2008

Lucky Tender Mercies

I have very ambitious scrap booking friends. I LOVE it!! This year they decided that we should do a new challenge every month. In January, the challenge was 31 scrap book pages in 31 days. In February it was a mini book. March's' challenge is a one page layout of things we feel lucky for. With that being said, a few years ago, I heard an amazing talk given about Tender Mercies. It was an account of one persons feelings of our Heavenly Father and his tender mercies that he gives her. Since that talk, I often try to notice the little things that I receive from my Heavenly Father each day and thank him for them. Yesterday was a day of Luck and Tender Mercies. I know that not all of us may think of the same things as luck or tender mercies, but here are a couple of mine yesterday that I would like to give credit.
1. A plumber who came and unclogged a pipe for me and it surprisingly cost way less than I would have expected!!!

2. A GOOD hair day.

3. A four year old who didn't cry when it was time to go to preschool.

4. Another moment that I got to spend with my parents! Living by them has been more amazing than I would've ever imagined. Lunch out is nice!

5. A new(er) van that we have the money to make the payments on.

6. A hidden bag of Easter Chicks and Bunnies under the luggage in my cart at Target so that when I loaded my luggage in my van saw that I hadn't paid for them and therefor had to hurry and return them to the store without eating the whole bag before I got home (which I would have)!!!

7. Had money to put the extreme amount of gas in my car that I needed.

8. Recycling.

9. A son who is 11 and can stay with the other kids while I make a quick run to the store all by myself.

10. Front row parking at the store.

11. Kodak machine where in minutes I can choose, edit, print, and enjoy my pictures!!

12. A VERY creative friend who can pop an idea right off the top of her head when I need an idea for an activity!!

13. THE SUNSHINE!!!!!!! and warmer weather!

14. Primary songs being played on our humble keyboard.

15. A husband who flew home to be with us for one day before he flies out for another 4 days!

16. Friends in Boise who still want me to come and visit so that I am not alone for those 4 days!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Janet said...

oh-that was fun to read!!Thanks for making me take a moment to think of my tender mercies.

March 13, 2008 at 7:22 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Wow, what a day. That is awesome. I think I take my tender mercies for granted because I've been confined to the house for so long - I'll have to start looking for them.

March 13, 2008 at 8:11 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

So good to see you. Hope you still have all your nose hairs intact ;-)

March 17, 2008 at 8:30 PM  
Blogger val said...

I love it all especially the last one. You know I love Jeff but it so fun when he is gone. Lol

March 21, 2008 at 8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home