My Photo
Name:
Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho, United States

I have been married to the most incredible man for 18 YEARS! We have three beautiful, amazing children who I have centered my whole life around at the moment. We live by both of our families and love spending time with them. Sometimes I feel like I am a "Big City" girl trapped in a "Little City" body, but Idaho Falls has grown on me in the past few years that we've lived here and I have many wonderful friends here!

Feb 2, 2008

Welcome Home Elder Alex Nelson



Elder Alex Nelson returned home with honor from Brazil on Thursday afternoon, January 31st. He is safely home with his family now. It was a wonderful reunion. We all went to greet him at the airport that day and about 2:45 his plane came in. He looked so different. Everyone said so. His suit coat sleeves looked a little short and so I swear he had grown a few inches. He towered over all of his brothers. What a joyous reunion!


That night, after he was released, we got together. As he swept the Brazil map to show us the places that he had been, we heard him tell stories of his mission. He told us a little of the Brazil people, did a door approach in Portugese, and sang I Am a Child of God in Protugese for the Kids. It was priceless. We all soaked in every minute of him! He just smiled the whole time! It is great to have hime home!

New Baby, Brooklyn Nelson
(born on January 10th)
was there to greet her Uncle Alex.

(The video below is sideways. Sorry about that! If anyone has any tips as to how I can rotate it-they are welsome to share. Otherwise, turn your head sideways and watch the joyous reunion!)




Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger gina said...

What a fun homecoming! It always brings tears to my eyes when they get off the plane! My sister in law leaves for Brazil on Wednesday. Thanks for sharing!

February 3, 2008 at 6:45 AM  
Blogger val said...

Wow you have been really busy. I am so jealous of your trip. Your family has a lot going on.
love ya

February 4, 2008 at 1:25 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

I'm so glad you're blogging. I love to see everything that is going on over there. So cool!

February 5, 2008 at 12:02 AM  
Blogger Janet said...

Hey! I just miss you so much. I do like to look at your blog though, because I feel a little connected to you. Kamille really, really misses Mack! Maybe we can keep in touch a little bit by looking at each others blogs. Mine is www.bradandjanet.blogspot.com
check me out!

February 18, 2008 at 12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home