My Photo
Name:
Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho, United States

I have been married to the most incredible man for 18 YEARS! We have three beautiful, amazing children who I have centered my whole life around at the moment. We live by both of our families and love spending time with them. Sometimes I feel like I am a "Big City" girl trapped in a "Little City" body, but Idaho Falls has grown on me in the past few years that we've lived here and I have many wonderful friends here!

Aug 19, 2008

In Mourning!

We are in mourning around our house this week! School starts and none of us can hardly stand it!!!!!!!!!! I usually can't wait for the kids to get started, but this year is different. It may be because there are too many milestones this year with Mack going to Kindergarten and Quentin starting Middle School (NOOOOOOOOO!!) Above is a picture of Quentin getting his locker and figuring out how to lock and unlock it at registration!!! He's sooo big now! On top of those things, we have had such a great summer! We especially have had a great last few weeks. Here are a few things that we have been doing......And then keep reading so that you can see my Chicago Post too :-)
The Night of August 1st, I went with a bunch of my friends to go to the release of the new Stephenie Meyer book Breaking Dawn to finish the Twilight series. It was such a fun night! We started at Outback for Dinner and then finished the night at Barnes and Noble to see quite a few strange people that were dressed Vampiry and a little weird, but I suppose some later 20's and early 30's gals looked a little weird in our Edward and Jacob t-shirts too...but who cares! So great! I was showing some of the pictures to my cousin down in Utah and she said that she thought I had the cutest friends and I really do-look how cute they all are! What a fun, crazy night! Thanks girls!

We went down to Utah for a few days to go to family reunion.

It was fun to see everyone again. I got to get caught up with my cousin Julie who I roomed with at Ricks.
It is always fun to see her.
I also love this picture of my Grandpa with Mack being a Pirate.


When we left Utah, we also left our two oldest to stay with Jon's clan for a week. It was so much fun to let them do that and they were so excited to do so. They did lots of fun stuff while they were there. They went to Thanksgiving Point a couple of times, Jump Around, swimming at their grandmas, etc. They had a ball. Joe brought them back to Idaho Falls for us (Thanks Joe) and they stayed for a couple of days. Jon followed later that weekend with his Family and so we had a party all weekend long!



Sara called on Saturday and decided last minute that she would drive for 13 hours with her 4 small children to visit and we had such a great time with her and her children. Thank you so much Sara for making such a great effort to get here so that we could see you! I just loved it!!!


Olivia, Mack, and Joshy


Quentin and Calli at the Splash Park in Rexburg Sam on the Swing-cheesin'
Michael and son
Emily on the slide
Baby Kevin-ADORABLE!!!!
We said good-bye to Idaho Falls last weekend to go and visit our friends in Boise. Jeff went back with us for the first time since we left a few years ago and we had sooo much fun. We did Back to School clothes shopping and went swimming, Cheesecake at the Cheesecake Factory (I know-I am obsessed!) and just a lot of fun visiting with Justin and Valerie! Love you guys!!! Thank you so much for being the bestest friends anyone could have! On our way home, we drove by the Twin Falls Temple and went to the Shoshone Falls for a little while. It was a great ending to an even greater SUMMER!! Boo Hoo-it's over. I am glad for a routine again but I will never forget the summer of 2008!

School Clothes fashion show w/ Calli and Taeya

Jeff and the kids at the Falls in Twin

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger val said...

Man when you blog you blog, I couldn't keep up. Well the last few months have been fun for you.
I'll have to call you tomorrow and see how your holding up. It sure was fun to be with your family. But mostly you. Thanks for everything love ya

August 20, 2008 at 8:45 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

What happened to calling me when you come to Twin!!!!? :) I know - it's aways crazy with the kids and everything. But next time - CALL! I just live on the same road as the temple. It was nice to hear about your summer and trip. I'm glad you and your fam are doing well.

August 21, 2008 at 7:39 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

Wow! Calli is getting so tall! I can hardly believe how time flies!

August 21, 2008 at 2:11 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I love your family - you always look and sound like you have so much fun!!!

August 22, 2008 at 12:40 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

Came across your blog when I was reading Julie's blog.
Now wait a second here... is that Michael Ostensen in that picture?? We used to be in his ward! Lived just a couple blocks down from them. Small world :)

November 7, 2008 at 9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home